More Customers For Your Company
One of the most pressing concerns for most local companies today is how to get more customers. The phone just is not ringing enough; there aren’t enough new contacts and referrals.
Angie Meeker shared a great previous post on Google Places, The Place To Be how more customers can find you thru a good Google Place listing. Your customers are looking for you online, but can they find you even if they don’t know your name? Yes they can!
There are over one billion local searches done every month (and growing by 50% every year) and 80% of buyers search online first, versus using the yellow pages or other print methods. If your business isn’t showing up all over the first page of Google, Yahoo, or Bing you are leaving money on the table and your competitors are getting your customers.
Here is how people click when they are searching:
- #1 ranked site gets 41% of the clicks
- #2 ranked site gets 12% of the clicks
- #3 ranked site gets 8.5% of the clicks
How do you become the #1 online authority in your market?
By following the 5-point plan for Online Market Domination. I give the following advice to business owners in my book “Robin L. Gerhart’s Guide to Marketing Your Business Online”
- Get listed-make sure you are listed in the BIG 3: Google Local, Yahoo Local and Bing Local Directories
- Dominate when your site appears in local, natural and paid search results
- Move up when you dominate the front page by making your site search engine friendly
- Lead the Pack using videos, press releases, articles, social content sites, online classifieds, online business directories, and online review sites to make the search engines fall in love with your site
- Your Phone starts ringing because your customers can find you
When you implement the most important basics of online marketing into your marketing plan, you will be able to bring more customers to your business.
What concerns do you have about your online marketing?